Monday, March 25, 2013

Reboot

Time Flies when you are having fun!   I clicked over to see how long it had been since I had bothered to write anything and WOW.  It's been a while.  We just celebrated that little ones third birthday and will be celebrating our newest in August.  After re-reading my old posts I realized one of them still rings true. And it begs the question:  How many people have you talked to about Jesus lately?   For me, it is extremely easy to strike up a conversation and talk about playing the piano or drums at Church, or teaching the teens sign language. When it comes to sharing recent miracles that have happened it get's harder.  As an interpreter I need my arms.  I injured my elbow two months ago.  I couldn't afford to take a day off and see the doctor.  Tonia and I prayed and the pain dissipated. A disabled young man went forward for prayer this past summer.  The Lord healed his back.  He went from sitting in front of a computer in pain every day to throwing hay bales.  A grandmother went into the hospital with a mass on her lungs.  We prayed.  It disappeared.  When God does something supernatural, we get excited about his work and can share it.  But the name of Jesus.  The name that is above all names.   The stumbling block of the world.   His name.... changes things.   He said 'I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except by me'.  One simple declaration sets Him apart.  He is the only way to heaven.  The only way to eternal life.  The only real relationship possible with deity.   This claim is an offense to many and a blessed hope to a few.   So.... back to the first question.  How many people have you talked to about Jesus lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment